Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Elvis baby!

I have never been as frustrated trying to photograph a card as I was with this one! No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to look good. Finally I gave up and settled for this photo. I know I sound like a broken record, but once again the card looks much better in person!!

So I guess I have a thing for doing an image repeated several times across a long 4x9 card - I also did it here and here! Funny about this Elvis stamp - I'm not necessarily what you'd call an "Elvis fan," but as soon as I saw an Elvis card (with stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms) on Lori Craig's blog I knew I had to have me some Elvises!! Although I didn't use it here, I also love that they've got another sentiment that says "Thank you. Thank you very much." - too funny! For this card I used my Fine Cosmo glitter once again, because it was sitting on my desk just calling to me, saying "use me! use me! you know you want to!". I also used a whole bunch of these little diamond-shaped brads that I've had forever but never use! I'm trying to do like Simone says and "scrap your crap!" (or in my case, use my crap on cards!!) Ok my dear child wants me to play with playdoh with him (he's tugging at my leg as I stand at the counter typing this...) - and since I love the smell of playdoh almost as much as I love the smell of StazOn, I suppose I will oblige. Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Jumpsuit Silhouette, You're the King from Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Paper: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Lovely Lilac
  • Ink: Black StazOn
  • Accessories: Fine Cosmo glitter, Essential Glue Pad, diamond brads

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! It is so cute! I want to play with your Elvises too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *SNORT*

    Sorry about that! Thank goodness I wasn't drinking; that reference to Playdoh smelling like stazon literally cracked me up! My DS loves playdoh as much as I dislike its smell! Fortunately for him, my love for him greatly outweighs my dislike of playdoh. :D

    Thanks for sharing! I do like Elvis so these guys are so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a ROCK STAR and I am bowing to your Elvis prowess...I absolutely *love* your glittery Elvis-s. FYI - I bought my black glitter today, so there is definately more Elvis to come! Thanks for shooting me the link on this!!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow! You rock!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elvises and glitter? How perfect is that!
    Your card looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee - My 'crap' should look so good. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this image in glitter! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card looks great in the picture, so it must be out of this world IRL -- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your card...i am not a big elvis fan either but i just might have to have that stamp...LOVE IT!!!

    thanks for giving our scrap yur crap blog a shout out!!

    have a relaxing sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT is way cool...love all the glitter.
    Gotta get that stamp to make a card for my dh--since our last name is king!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome! I love your crap!
    I have some Elvis images I stamped that are just sitting around...now you inspired me...Thank you, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your glitterfied Elvises look so fabulous on the black card stock!! Very cool, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card just makes me smile! I love the row of diamonds along the bottom--after all, he IS the King! The glitter shows up great in the photo but I can imagine it must be ultra-sparkly IRL. What a fun card to send and receive!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover