Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I want *my* fairy godmother!!

I found this sentiment in a $1 clearance bin at Michael's many moons ago and had to rescue it! I've been waiting and waiting to get a fairy image to go with it, and finally I have one! I found out recently that my LSS will special order AMuse and Elzybells stamps for me!! This is not a good thing for me to learn. You may recall I am not supposed to be buying new stamps... well I'm not doing very well with that....!! Ok actually this time it's all Geeta's fault (it's never my own fault!) - she teaches classes at my LSS and I learned on her blog that they carry these stamps. I don't usually go to this particular store because it's in another part of town, but I found myself in south Austin for postnatal yoga class, without Carter (this is key for enjoying my shopping experience at a scrapbook store!!) so I just *had to* pop in and see what they had! They didn't have much left in stock (since Geeta convinces people to buy up everything they have during her classes!). I couldn't leave well enough alone and just walk out of the store - oh no - I had to ask the salesperson about them. That's when she cheerfully said "oh here, look at the catalog, we can special order any of them for you!!" - I tried, I said "oh no, that's ok..." but then Courtney started fussing, wanting to be fed. They have a couch right there in the store that I could sit and nurse her on. So if I had to sit there and nurse, I needed something to occupy my time... so I took the catalog... and the rest is history! I've never been tempted to order from AMuse online because I get overwhelmed by how many stamps are on the website - but something about a hardcopy of a catalog... I like it much better...! The order came in yesterday. I did ask when I went to pick it up if I could change my mind about a special order, but they said no, once I ordered it I had to buy it. So alas, I am stuck with this stinkin' adorable Elzybell fairy (among other things!). What's a girl to do? :-) I decided to ink her up tonight (who needs sleep anyway??) and try out this week's color challenge on SCS (CC162) - Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom & Basic Gray. I've never ordered the SU Basic Gray paper, so I dug through my 12x12 Bazzill stash and found what I hoped is a suitable substitute. Then I realized I had some Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, and it matches really well, so the Bazzill definitely worked! The sketch is Julee's Mojo Monday sketch for this week (MOJO33) - I think for once I didn't break any of the rules of the sketch?? That's a rare occurrence! Ok I better hit the hay....... oh but I meant to mention, I made this card tonight because I want *MY* fairy godmother, to either come and wave her magic wand and make my house suddenly neat and clean and ready to sell - or to just take me away for a little while. Tomorrow I get to unload everything from my stamp room - we're having the carpet replaced. I am SO not looking forward to that...............! So until we meet again.... may you stamp happily ever after....... :-)
  • Stamps: Elzybells Fairy Girl, Sentiment from ???
  • Paper: Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom, Bazzill gray, Neenah Solar White
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Versamark
  • Accessories: Copic markers, Silver EP, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, silver brads, Stardust Stickles, Marvy punches

8 comments:

  1. I rescued that stamp at Micheal's too! I love your fairy stamp that you got to go with it. I haven't used mine yet. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love the colours and the stamp. Perfect for the challenge. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny, Libby! Your card is very cute, and way to nail two challenges in one!! I love your coloring and the sparkle too!!

    (I would be so in trouble if I had a hard copy of the A Muse stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card Libby! The colors worked really well with this image, and you used a great layout! So glad the baby and toddler are still allowing you stamping time lol. It is always great to check out your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely cute! I love the sentiment! Gosh, your house is going to look so pretty when you're done fixing it up you won't want to move. Sounds like fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just hate it when you get stuck with several adorable stamps!! NOT!! *chuckle*
    Well you certainly made the best of it. Darling card, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad it's "MY" fault :D Cute card!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover