Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Hambo Challenge!

I am posting this soooo late! Monica is going to send me to detention for being tardy!! Well... some of the other Hambo design team gals CLAIMED that they are procrastinators, and I had to show them that NOBODY can take MY title as Queen Procrastinator!! Got it, girls?? ;-) Anyway... a while back Monica, the #1 Ham herself, sent us design team gals a couple little badge holders and issued a challenge to see what we could come up with. Funny enough, I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do with mine as soon as I saw it - so you'd think I would have had this done ages ago, right? They don't call me the Queen for nothing, baby! ;-) I knew these badge holders would be a perfect little excuse to make a mini brag book about my sweet baby girl. So I immediately ordered a bunch of Hambo's cute baby images (I especially love their little Teddy Bear Border - I even added a little tan Fun Flock to their tummies!!). I also thought it would be funny to use one of their cool signature stamps that you'd typically put on the back of your card - they have a ton of funny ones, but this "Created by Me. Please hold your applause." just cracks me up for a baby brag book! I am bragging, after all! And I did create her. Sure, Joel helped a little (for about 2 minutes maybe?) (did I really just say that?) but I did the brunt of the work. The pink, white & kraft color scheme matches Courtney's birth announcements. What's that you say? You've never seen me post the birth announcement on my blog? Hmm - maybe that's because they are sitting half-done in my stamp room. FYI she's getting close to four months old. HA! And you really thought you were a bigger procrastinator than me!!?? Keep dreaming. Ok well I better wrap this up so I can finally check it off my to do list. Hopefully the utter cuteness of it will make up for the extreme tardiness and Monica won't scold me too badly. Oh, and don't forget to check out what Monica, Colleen, Isabelle and Holly did with theirs as well! Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Teddy Bear Border, Bottle, Blocks, Hold Applause from Hambo Stamps, Karen Foster snap stamps
  • Paper: Pretty in Pink, Kraft, Whisper White, Making Memories DP
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
  • Accessories: Copic markers, SU markers, scallop scissors, SU brads, Caramel Latte Fun Flock, safety pin, straight pin, various ribbons, 3/4" rings, badge holders (!!)

16 comments:

  1. Completely BRILLIANT! I love everything about this -- of course the CUTE pictures of Courtney, but also the ribbons, the baby images, and especially the "Hold Applause" saying -- how absolutely PERFECT! LOL

    Now if only your husband forgives you for belittling his contribution. (But it's the truth, ain't it! LOL)

    Wow, all of you blew me away, and now I feel like my pocket card was rather lame. I have one badge holder left, so maybe I can make like MacGyver and whip up something miraculous.

    Thanks for playing along Libby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, I love your use of the bagdes and your brag book!! It's adorable and yes, okay, you do win the title of procrastinator queen, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I totally love it! I want one of both of your kids to carry around with me! It is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, This is completely awesome! What a clever idea...wonder if I could get some made for graduation gifts next weekend...if I can get a few of their kids' pictures. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, This is completely awesome! What a clever idea...wonder if I could get some made for graduation gifts next weekend...if I can get a few of their kids' pictures. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby, This is completely awesome! What a clever idea...wonder if I could get some made for graduation gifts next weekend...if I can get a few of their kids' pictures. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.. this is amazing! I have to tell you, I was NOT one of the ones vying for the procrastination title... That's all yours baby!

    Your book is sooooo totally cute! I can see it as a super duper key ring.... wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! I love the colors you have used and I'm sure that your baby announcements will be darling when you complete them...definitely share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Libby, this is so sweet! Coutney's something to brag about, all right! I do love the "created by me", also! Love those Hambo sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable little brag book.. Your daughter is definitely something to brag about. She is adorable!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea to use those badges for your sweet Courtney brag book! I love all of the photos, and those cute stamps you used!! Love the ribbons too!

    Your new blog photo is AWESOME, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so completely precious! I gave you a shout out for Scrapbook Saturday over at www.cardofweek.com -- Check it out: http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/05/scrapbook-sat-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super super cute! And gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Great idea!! ~ pk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Idea.. i love your mini brag book!!!
    Cute pics... look great!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover