Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

From Courtney's Closet - an inspiration challenge

I'm posting this a day earlier than planned because tomorrow I will have a special Hambo project to show you (hopefully, anyway - currently it's still just an idea floating around in my head...!). You all seemed to enjoy my idea to create a card based on one of Courtney's outfits each week - thanks for all of the sweet comments!! Of course, nobody actually played along *sigh*, but I suppose that's ok... ;-) My friend Amy said she wanted to see this outfit featured next on From Courtney's Closet - so this is for you, Amy! :-) I knew right away that I wanted to use Papertrey's Butterfly Kisses set for this card - mostly because it's my only butterfly set not packed away at the moment!! I thought I'd use the butterfly image stamp that already has flowers all over it, but then decided I wanted the flowers to be different colors and felt too lazy to have to color them individually on the stamp. So instead I used a little flower stamp that came with the set and made my own "designer paper" with it, and then stamped just the outline butterfly over my homemade DP and cut it out. I also used that DP at the bottom of the card. It was fun - I've never stamped my own background paper before, I've always wanted to try a "one sheet wonder" or something but have never gotten around to it. Now I may just have to! Thanks for indulging me in another shameless excuse to post a photo of my sweetie! Let me know if this outfit inspires you at all, I'd love to see what you create! If you upload to SCS, we're now using keyword FCCC02. Woohoo! Happy stampin'!
  • Stamps: Butterfly Kisses from Papertrey Ink
  • Paper: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, So Saffron
  • Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery
  • Accessories: Slit slot punch, paper piercer, black brads, grosgrain ribbon

12 comments:

  1. I don't think you need ANY excuses to post precious pictures of "Cupcake" -- shameless or not! Once again, you've done a great job of recreating her outfit - cute card! (So if she spits up, does that mean another layer should be added to the card??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that, Monica - I was going to take her photo in this outfit yesterday but she totally spit up all over it! So this morning, spit up now dry, I stuck her back in it briefly just to take the photo!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, how funny that you put the outfit back on Courtney, just for this.
    I love how your card turned out; it is so obvious where you got the inspiration.
    Courtney is so lovely. Her great big smile really brightened my day. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this one? I'm definitely doing (I can tie it into some DT stuff!!! Nothing like multi-tasking stamping, huh?! Super cute, and NO ELEPHANTS!!! ; )

    And keep those pics of your adorable kiddos comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great inspiration challenge. I'd sure love to play along, but the mass production of 50 bridal shower invites isn't letting me do any 'fun stamping.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant!!! I love the whole idea and this card is amazing! I don't have time to play today... but maybe I will get a chance over the weekend.

    How CUTE she is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the challenges, hoping to get to this one this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your card is an amazing likeness to Courtney's outfit! I love your homemade DP. In fact, I thought it WAS DP at first. Love that beautiful, beaming smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Courtney's cute smiling face in that photo!! You nailed your own inspiration challenge, Libby!! I love your created paper, and your pretty butterflies and trails!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did it! Here's my card: http://motherslittlehelper.typepad.com/mothers_little_helper/2008/05/an-sfytt-from-courtneys-closet.html. Thanks for the fun challenge, Courtney and Libby! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too cute!! I love your inspiration piece-totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea. i love this idea. great card.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover