Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Inspired by a Ribbon Addict...

I've decided to try and play along with all of the Dirty Dare '08 challenges over at Splitcoast... yes kids, I said *all*! So far I'm five for five! Woohoo! Can you believe it? I'm sure I'll fall behind and then eventually drop off though - I have my stamp room back but it's only short lived, on Friday night my in-laws arrive for a visit. But who knows, maybe I'll still get some stamp time in! Anyway... here's one of the cards I made today. They are supposed to be candles. Can you tell? I hope so - if you have to explain what it's supposed to be, it's probably not a very good card. :-) I'm happy with how it turned out though, I think it's fun! But I had a really hard time photographing it. Does anyone else have trouble photographing black paper? It always turns out really drab looking for me, I'm not sure why. The card is cuter IRL (isn't that always the case??). Thanks for stopping by - and go play the fun SCS challenges if you aren't already!
  • Stamps: Karen Foster Snap Stamps
  • Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Taken with Teal
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Accessories: American Crafts ribbon, grosgrain ribbon (old SU), black brads, scissors

9 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you! One of these days I might branch out from FCCC and do a SCS challenge or maybe Allison's challenge this week (hmmmm), but Courtney seems to keep me busy for now! Just finished my card tonight! Maybe as harvest winds down I will join in more of the fun!!! Keep it up girlie. Love the candles, I bet IRL the texture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ribbon candles. It is really cute and I knew what it was right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Libby. Such clever use of the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat use of ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty ribbon card, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for the ribbon. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THIS is what I call a ribbon card! Very creative and I could tell immediately that they were candles. I have trouble photographing white more than black. Wish I knew all the tricks...

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover