Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, November 14, 2008

From Courtney's Closet #23 - an inspiration challenge

At long last... here it is! This week's edition of From Courtney's Closet, my little blog challenge that I started all those weeks ago to inspire myself, and ended up inspiring a couple of you occasionally as well. I sure hope nobody stayed up until 11pm to see my Big Reveal, because as usual I am running behind! And for those of you who guessed... sorry, nobody guessed that my silly little monkey was in fact wearing a monkey!!! Yes, Jenn and Sue, technically there *is* a flower on the onesie as well, but unfortunately that was not the answer I was looking for. :-) Of course for this week's card, I had to pull out the monkey that's currently my favorite - the Stampin' Up Sock Monkey! When my friend Leigh saw this card at stamp club tonight, she exclaimed "Sock Monkey is wearing jammies!". I paper pieced my little monkey and put a flower brad by her ear to match the shirt. This little outfit is one of my favorites, I got it back in the summer on good sale at the Gymboree outlet, and Courtney has worn it A LOT! It's what she had on during her brush with greatness. I'm sad it's getting to be too small on her! Why can't these clothes grow with Courtney!?? LOL The good news for all of you (and me, I need blog fodder!) is that with Courtney moving up a size and colder weather coming in, I get to break out more of the 12M clothes I traded for with my friend Cindy, so there is a fresh supply of new clothes to inspire cards... :-) The last challenge, Courtney's Halloween costume, inspired some CUTE cards!! First there's Berenice and her adorable little card - cute indeed!Kathryn added pink to her super duper cute doggie card - great choice!!I looooooooooooooooooooove Sue's card!!! The image is adorable, and her layout, color choices, punches, everything, is just wonderful!Monica made this adorable birthday card for her hubby - love the cow she used, and the cowpie cupcake. :-) And the touch of blue really sets it off nicely!Sharon joined us for the first time this week, and I'm so glad she did! I love a girl that uses lots of polka dots!!Anita's card is both cute and pretty with all the added lace and flowers!!And this week, my favorite has to be Katie!! Not only did she start a blog like I requested (LOL), she also made not one, not two, but THREE cards for the challenge (you can see all three on her blog), all of which are soooo cute! But what won me over was this photo. You know I'm a sucker for cute kid photos!! And her Klayton sure is a super cutie!! Email me your address Katie, and I'll put a little something in the mail to you!Thanks everyone for playing, and thanks everyone else for stopping by! I hope this week's outfit inspires you - if it does, please play along and report back here to let me know you did!! :-)
  • Stamps: Sock Monkey from Stampin' Up!
  • Paper: Kraft, Barely Banana, Georgia Pacific White, Prints DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU markers for coloring banana
  • Accessories: Nesties, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, yellow brads, Making Memories brad

11 comments:

  1. THANK YOU...Libby! It made me get teary eyed to not only see my Klaytonon YOUR page...but that you picked me as the WINNER! WOW...what a confidence boost that I needed today! (School's been ROUGH for me the past 2 weeks!) Thank you so much, and I love EVERYONE's cards that posted! Can't wait to find a "monkey" design! Katie Schmid 1915 Hwy 141 Trout Lake WA 98650

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bloody fabulous, Libby!!! Courtney is sooo cute in her monkey outfit and her smile is getting bigger than she is.
    I've nominated you for a Kreativ Award, on my blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the adorable monkey shirt -- tooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...sweet smilin' Courtney!! Love that darling picture, Libby!! Your card is so adorable, and your paper piecing looks wonderful!! I love how you've popped the banana, and added the little flower as well!!

    Wonderful challenge cards, and Klayton sure is a cutie!! (I'm right with you on the cute kid photos).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting for my nanners to arrive! Will be done tonight I hope...been rounding up the monkeys around here LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    WOW -- I finished my card on time!
    Whoo Hooo for me!

    Courtney is adorable in her Monkey Shirt- here's my card:

    http://ilovethemmoreeveryday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in this week! Here's my effort:
    http://hambostamps.blogspot.com/2008/11/silly-monkey.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable photo of your silly little Courtney monkey! She looks so happy! Great card, too, Libby. What's this? Pink and Kraft? Love your sock monkey in pink jammies having a banana bedtime snack. It's so fun to see all the cards from the last challenge, too. Congrats to Katie! Klayton is a cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I played in this week's challenge. I was hoping to receive some Changitos in an image swap before now, but I managed to improvise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Libby...lots of cute monkeys around here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Libby:
    So much fun....not such a great card....but I had fun trying! ha!

    http://lilacsandlupines.blogspot.com/2008/11/from-courtneys-closet-challenge.html

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover