Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sweet Flamingos

This is one of those sets that was love at first sight for me - between these sweet flamingos, and the kitties, and the lions - I just *had to* have it as soon as I saw it! It's one of Melanie's sets for Gina K. Designs called "Cuddles and Hugs". Even though I *had to* have it, like most of my purchases lately, it has since set in my stamp room, uninked. Until last night!! Melanie is about to release two more stamp sets, and she's having a little contest - giving away her new releases to a random winner, you just have to make a card to enter. So, I finally inked up these sweet flamingos and played along!! I figure, since I'm on the verge of winding up in the poor house for all the spending I've done lately on stamps, I better start at least TRYING to win stuff instead!! lol This card also uses the same sketch challenge as the last card I posted. And, it continues my pink/brown/green bird card kick I seem to be on!!! Remember my owl? :-) It wasn't intentional - I wanted to use this soooo cute paper from the BasicGrey Sugared pad, it has little flamingos!!! And those were the colors in that paper. But then I had to go and add the same bling as on my owl card...! Hmm, what other bird stamps do I have? Maybe I need to make this an ongoing series...! :-) A couple other details - the birds are cut out and popped up, that's why you see a double line at this angle! And then I couldn't help myself, I coated them with Star Dust Stickles! I love glittery flamingos! Alrighty I better go see how badly my own little animals are torturing Daddy. Thanks for stopping by today!
  • Stamps: Cuddles and Hugs from Gina K. Designs
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, white, BasicGrey Sugared DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Adirondack Espresso, Copic markers for coloring
  • Accessories: Marvy punches, SU ticket corner, slot and scallop edge punches, SU taffeta ribbon, Star Dust Stickles, black glaze pen, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, Walmart bling, JoAnn heart brad

4 comments:

  1. Ha I love your little flamingos and the sent. it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute for words!!! what detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...this is sweet! And cute! And altogether adorable! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a darling card Libby - love all the extra special touches including the glitter and the 3-D effects - soo soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover