I *had to* play along this week, the sponsor is one of my very favorite stamp companies, Deadbeat Designs! But I have to admit, going through my drawer of Texas stamps, figuring out what to use, made me a wee bit sad that I'm no longer actually a Texan! *sniff* I guess it only makes sense that I created this card as I was feeling blue...! Other than the color choice, I did a pretty decent job of following the recipe...
Inspired by Christine's darling card, I chose to incorporate:
- Stamps – flowers
- Patterns – circles, checked/gingham
- Color Mediums – markers
- Embellishments – banners
- Tools – border bunches
- Techniques – faux stitching, doodling/drawing (I "drew" the greeting myself...)
- Theme – birthday
Mark has a lot of great stamps of all different themes, but of course I happen to love the Texas stamps the most. And last night as I was digging through them, I found that I own more than I realized!
Aren't they FUN?
Hey by the way, want to see my in-progress stamp room? I took this yesterday before opening a lot of boxes. It's still not settled, but here's a little preview... I am beyond thrilled about all the table space I have. And a window!! No more stamp cave for me!! :-)
Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!!
- Stamps: F-346 Medium Bluebonnet from Deadbeat Designs
- Paper: Hero Arts Kraft, Archiver's blue, GP white, gingham DP from stash
- Ink: Memento markers (Bahama Blue, Bamboo Leaves) from Hero Arts, black Copic multiliner, SU Crumb Cake marker
- Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, Spellbinders circle die, SU ribbon, SU border punch