Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Birthday to the PDCC!!

Have you heard? The Play Date Cafe has turned 3!! I'm honored to be here today as an Alumni Guest, helping them celebrate.

I'm not gonna lie, the colors were a tad bit of a challenge - but that's what makes it a fabulous challenge, yes? Here they are:


I chose this pretty flower from the Hero Arts + BasicGrey Floral Blossoms set. I did a whole bunch of fussy cutting to paper-piece the flowers in PDCC colors. I added some fun dimension, too:


I finished it all off with Stickles, Enamel Accents and a bunch of Hero Arts gems.

The PDCC has always been a unique challenge for two reasons: They encourage you as a player to 'interpret the colors' as YOU see them and they welcome pretty much ANY type of project - from cards to layouts, knit, crochet & sewing, mixed-media and even cupcakes!

From October 18-22, you can enjoy inspiration from other returning design team members as well as the current PDCC team, prizes from a variety of sponsors and additional giveaways for becoming a follower of the challenge and for displaying their brand new badges!

I hope you will join me in congratulations The Play Date Cafe by playing along. It's going to be an exciting celebration!

15 comments:

  1. I'm a wimp when it comes to color combinations outside my comfort zone. This looks great!

    PS: Yes, night 2 of insomnia. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bright colourful card! The colours pop against that kraft background - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Lovely bright colors! And your fussy cutting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your pretty flowers Libby, they look amazing against the kraft background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Libby!! Love the fussy cutting and the Kraft on the purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Libby ~ I am so glad you were able to join us as an Alumni Designer this during this special week at The Play Date Cafe. Your inspiring designs still make me smile and this card is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun...love your fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those florals in these colors, great idea! I am so glad to see your creative face back at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libby, your card is gorgeous! I love how the color just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how you used the color, they definitely were a challenge! thanks for helping us celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, Libby! Loving those colors on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Libby your card is simply gorgeous, I love it! Great inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover