Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, October 21, 2013

Welcome to Geek Week!

Just for fun, I've decided this week has been declared GEEK WEEK on my blog! Mostly because whenever I see any geeky, chemistry-themed stamp sets I absolutely cannot resist buying them, and I want to force myself to actually USE them. But also simply because... well... GEEKS RULE! First up is a chem nerd card with Paper Smooches stamps!


Isn't he cute?? The set is called Great Chemistry. I colored and popped up my little chemist. The background panel is die-cut with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card - I love this die so much!! I stamped the various flasks (*more on flasks below!), drew my own little hearts and then colored the entire thing with Copics. The background paper is Lawn Fawn too, from the Into the Woods 6x6 pad. I added Stickles for fun, because that's what I do. :-)


All of the products I've linked above are found at i {heart} papers, and as luck would have it they are ALL ON SALE!! IHP is celebrating their 5th birthday. There are huge sales going on throughout the store, giveaways happening on Facebook & Twitter, and best of all Kate is giving back 10% of her sales to dog rescues, because she's awesome like that!


The sketch I used for my card is the latest retro sketches:


Now a bit more about the geekiness of my card! I told my brother about my plans for Geek Week. My brother's online handle is jonthegeek - with a name like that, of course he was excited by the prospect of geekiness on my blog! I showed him the stamp set I was using for this card and he was absolutely giddy about the fact that this set includes both a volumetric (round-bottomed) flask AND an Erlenmeyer (flat-bottomed) flask. Need I say more about his geekiness? He helped come up with the nerdy sentiment I used on this card. I had to have the chemist holding a volumetric flask, because Erlenmeyers are neither precise nor accurate. As my brother put it, "Erlenmeyers are for suckers!" Yes, my brother is a mega-geek. And that's part of why my love for him is both precise and accurate!

Thanks for stopping by today! And DFTBA! If you want to know what that means, tune back in tomorrow... ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Your geeky card is too much fun for words! Great job! I loved your write up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! That stamp set is awesome! And geeks do rule, so I might have to find some time to join you in the geek week! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your crazy chemist! i tell my kids DFTBA every morning as they go out to the bus stop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you blogging again Libby - love the card, and your comments about the flasks too :-). Looking forward to the definition of DFTBA - that's a new one to me.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg this card! i adore it! my husband is a scientist nerd and i think this would be PERFECT for him!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most fun cards I have seen in a long time, Libby! Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I work in a medical lab and I NEED THIS SET! Wonderful card, love your brave hand drawing and writing! Great take on this week's Retro Sketch! -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The names of the flasks took me back to chem class in university! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your link on Retro Sketches and couldn't resist visiting your blog to check it out. Darling card, and thank you for the lesson on geekiness!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover