Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hero Arts 2016 Planner Release Blog Hop!


Hello hello!! Today I'm hopping with some amazing artists as Hero Arts launches the 2016 Planner collection in their online store! You should have arrived here from Kari's blog - if you didn't, consider starting at the beginning over at the Hero Arts blog!

I'm sharing a card I had created when we put together the catalog, using the super fun Pop-Up Icon Dies! While I definitely do adore all of the fun planner products in this release, I love that there are plenty of things for us cardmakers to have fun with, too!


These dies cut out half of the icon - in my case, a heart. I used a ruler to lightly pencil in a guide for lining up my hearts before I began die-cutting. It took a bit of pre-planning, but it wasn't difficult at all. I folded back half of the die cut, and put silver glitter paper as a layer underneath, so it would peek through. I love that Hero Arts Layering Paper is white on one side, it really looks great with these layering dies!


The set also includes a star, an arrow, a geotag, an asterisk, and an X and an O, which would be super fun for a Valentines or wedding card! (I really need to try that asap!)

Now it's time to hop! Be sure to visit all of these amazing ladies if you haven't already, and comment along the way. Hero Arts is giving away three $25 shopping sprees, drawn from all of the comments left along the hop. Be sure to get your commenting done by next Wednesday, October 19 at 11:59pm.

The Hero Arts Blog
Kelly Purkey
Jennifer McGuire
Yana Smakula
May Sukyong Park
Mariana Grigsby
Amy Tsuruta
Amy Tan
Wanda Guess
Lydia Fiedler
Jen Carlson
Barbara Picinich
Brooke Takara
Krista Wells
Jamie Waters
Nadia Azni
Kari Stiles
Libby Hickson (you are here!)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Shop at:
Hero | SSS
Hero Arts Snow Layering Paper
Hero Arts Snow Layering Paper
Shop at:
Hero
Mini MISTI
Mini MISTI
Shop at:
SSS
Hero Arts Pop-Up Icon Dies
Hero Arts Pop-Up Icon Dies
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts Fun Day Planner
Hero Arts Fun Day Planner
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts Pool Layering Paper
Hero Arts Pool Layering Paper
Shop at:
Hero
Hero Arts Kraft Paper
Hero Arts Kraft Paper
Shop at:
Hero
DCWV Twinkle Glints Glitter 6x6 Stack
DCWV Twinkle Glints Glitter 6x6 Stack
Shop at:
SSS

101 comments:

  1. Love the pop up hearts. Fun use of the planner stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound simple...I know it took a lot of time to line up those hearts! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this card looks great - this would a fun one for Valentine's Day (in red, of course LOL)Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Libby! You've crafted this so perfectly! Loving the glitter paper so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a card maker and it's good to see how the planner stamps can be used for cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. It is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahat a sweet card. Love those little hearts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute idea. I love it. reminds me of the Valentine hearts die set. May have to try that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that die! The hearts are so fun...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute use of the pop up hearts for this gorgeous graphic card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute and creative card//love that these can be used for cards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your idea and the way you popped up the hearts - really great card and innovative way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for introducing me to layering paper! Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! I see a "peekaboo" card in someone's future really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pop Ups! What could be more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love your card. It is so fun, sure to put a smile on the receivers face.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! The HA layering paper combined with the silver glitter paper underneath has such a pretty effect. Would love to watch you create this card... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for showing me what those pop-up dies are for - I couldn't make head or tails of them. Your card is so cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing your card! I love when you can use supplies in multiple ways!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these pop up icon dies! What a great look on a card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! Love using my crafting goodies for more than just 1 thing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute, I didn't pay enough attention before to see the pop up icon dies! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing a card. That's what I'm focused on making.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute idea! I love those little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful card! And you used your planner stamps/dies to make it. WIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card! And you have a lot of patience to line all those hearts up so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this idea, great pop outs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this card!!! And bless you for not showing me a planner page that makes me tired! I am loving the color and the fun, but I love my white space on my calendar--it makes me feel like I can breathe! I am so glad that I got to see other ways to use these stamps. (And I am growing to like the smell of Staz-on myself!!! (I always crack up when I read that!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a great card, you could use it as a count down for child's birthday, christmas or any special event, open one heart each day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Its so nice to see something "new" after stamping for over 25 years. Thats hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, interesting card. I wasn't aware of the pop up dies. So cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card! Can't wait to see your X's & O's card. (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's a cute card. Those dies are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The pop up dies are fun! I'd be curious to see how they are used in a planner.

    ReplyDelete
  35. love that die and how you used it on your card - great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card! Love the hearts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great card! Love the hearts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Like all things heart-shaped. Like the silhouette look to your card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this card. It is so not busy. Clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your card, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great card. Love the hearts. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The way you used the planner set is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love how the hearts reveal the glitter underneath the openings.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a fabulous card Libby - love the way you have used the die cuts!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great card made with planner products.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your card Libby in my favorite color tooo. GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your card Libby in my favorite color tooo. GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  48. These pop-up dies are too much - LOVE! So many ideas~~
    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great idea to make a card like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Smashing design. It must have taken you a long time to create this beauty. Light bulb moment to think outside the box with these fun products. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Darling card with the pop-up hearts, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. loved the card . the pop ups are cute

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love these pop up things! Thanks for pointing them out to us. They would be fun on scrapbook pages as well. Sweet card with the glitter peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wonderful idea
    on your card,
    very pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love the pop-up hearts.
    Great card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. It is so great to see non planner uses for the items in the planner release!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Adorable card, Libby! Thanks so much for sharing with us and for participating in this great hop and giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  58. These dies are great ! Thank you for using them and make this beautiful card !
    The arrow, you talk about, isn't that the half of a house ? I would risk it and try using it as a little house I think.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful card! Love the colors and the glitter paper and the die cut hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Fabulous card! Love the dimension and the glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I can see sticking little planner icons inside the hearts for fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  62. So cute with the hearts that open up.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a cute idea! You could even stamp different fun icons behind the hearts for a fun message! I love this! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  64. The peek-a-boo hearts are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a great card! Thanks for sharing your project!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover