Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Saturday, April 21, 2007

For Amy's new Bundle of Joy

Yesterday I received a birth announcement in the mail from my friend Amy in New York. I had not talked to her in quite a while (clearly, it had been more than 9 months!) so I was happily surprised by the news! She already has two precious sons, and this time it was a sweet baby girl. So that was my inspiration for the card tonight! After seeing Debbie Olson's adorable giraffe this morning I had to play with Bundle of Joy, which I colored with my beloved watercolor crayons. I've also been admiring all the sewing I've seen on various cards lately - however, I am not brave enough to pull out the sewing machine just yet (I'm embarrassed to admit I don't even know how to thread the thing!) so I opted for doing a few easy stitches by hand using linen thread (baby steps....!). The sentiment is from Cute Converse, a set that I *love* from a mini catalog a while back. Using the oval punches was also inspired by Debbie's card (especially using scissors to scallop the outer edge), and also all of the cute ideas I've seen for using the Papertrey sentiments. Although I have to admit I don't really like the placement of the sentiment - but it ended up there by necessity (I did a goof beneath it!). :-) The card colors are Kraft, Mellow Moss & Pretty in Pink - it's slightly softer IRL than it appears in the photo, at least on my end! It's a very simple card, but I like it.

Speaking of Papertrey sets - I have now purchased ALL of them (!) but I haven't used a single stamp yet. I'm intimidated - I've never used clear stamps, and I'm not sure about the "erasing" I'm supposed to do before I get started. I'm sure it's all very easy, and I'm dying to use them after seeing so many adorable creations with them!!! So I need to just do it. If anyone has any words of encouragement on this I'd love to hear them. :-) (I've been a very loyal SU "user" until I started reading all these darn blogs and learning about all these other great stamps that I MUST HAVE!) :-)

And finally - I have to say I've had a really fun weekend so far, and it's only half over! I did a garage sale this morning and made a nice little profit. And I've been absolutely giddy about this silly little blog!! I've calmed down a bit now - but I just have to say, when you start up your own little blog, and you don't expect anyone to actually be looking at it other than the couple of friends you've told, and the next thing you know you're getting comments (compliments, no less!) from your favorite stampers that you've "admired from afar" - well, that is just such a complete shock, and also a tremendous honor!!! And it completely made my day (and probably my week and my month...!) So, THANK YOU!!!

Night night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Libby,

    You did a great job with this! On the acrylics, just pull them out and TRY them! I didn't use an eraser, and mine have worked fine. The biggest difference that I notice is that you can't press quite as hard as you do in rubber, or you get squishy-looking letters. So, remember: use a light touch. Chalk inks work nicely, but I use my SU classic inks as well. Try them! I think that the greetings in the Faux Ribbon set are my favorite simply because I have so many SU punches that I can use these with. HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your brand new blog! Isn't it fun? I just commented on this card on SCS and followed your link here. Love this card! I'm glad you're so excited about blogging. I'll link you in my sidebar (I'm also fairly new at this).

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover