Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Musing Sketch Challenge

Many of the blogs I frequent have been amuseapacrazy lately! There's a big thing going on over at A Muse, gearing up for their amuseapalooza in July, where they'll debut their fall line of stamps, and people like Taylor and Amy are trying to become amuseapalooza ambassadors. So as always, when these girls tell me I should like something, I turn into a little lemming and follow them over the cliff...! :-) I haven't broken down enough to order stamps directly from the A Muse store website, but I did notice on my latest trip to Archivers that they carry a few A Muse stamps! So, I just had to pick up this cute little bride & groom!! I decided to ink it up for yesterday's SCS Sketch Challenge, which I started working on yesterday but wasn't able to finish until today. Recognize this paper?? It's the old retired Copper Kiss from SU. Copper with Taken with Teal is one of my favorite color combos - although as usual, the photo is distorting the colors a bit - not really looking very teal, at least not on my monitor! And I actually had a really tough time getting these triangles to look right! Guess that's why they are called challenges, they typically are a challenge for me!! But it's all part of that process of trying to branch out & improve, right? :-) I'm *trying* to do a full week of challenges this week, but I've fallen a bit behind and have Zonta tonight, so we'll see (and I think I hear Carter starting to wake from his nap now so I better hurry and finish this!). But today's Ways to Use It challenge is to use a small stamp, so hopefully I can get something quick & cute done later tonight! :-) Thanks for looking, check back later, and happy stamping!!!!
  • Stamps: A Muse bride & groom
  • Paper: Taken With Teal, Basic Black, SU Copper Kiss, Whisper White
  • Ink: StazOn Black
  • Accessories: SU vintage brads, Marvy scallop square punch, SU black organdy & copper cord
  • FYI: card is 5"x5"
BTW - I think the teal background is a little too boring on this, but I was on a time crunch to finish during naptime... any suggestions on what to put back there, if I were to do it over? A background stamp? Another patterned paper? Curious to hear your thoughts on this...

2 comments:

  1. I like the plain teal background. I think the off center triangles and ribbon draw your eye to the bride and groom. Anthing more may be distracting from the focal point. FYI: I love it (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! The more I see this sketch, the more I like it. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover