Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, May 18, 2007

More yummy chocolates!

I played with my Oh So Sweet set again tonight! I think I've figured out why I'm all about using my retired sets & paper these days... I haven't done a whole lot of stamping in the past couple years - when I have stamped, it's pretty much been limited to workshop prep - and when I'm doing something for customers, I typically focus on current products. With this blog, I'm playing all the time, just for fun, just for me, so I'm gravitating toward my sets that retired but I couldn't part with because I *love* them, but they've been sitting on the shelf (in my studio) collecting dust because they aren't current!! I'm sure once the new catalog hits in July, I'll be totally obsessed with the brand new stuff, so it's fun to play with some of my oldies but goodies in the meantime!! So tonight I was trying to do this week's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS - to use small stamps. Thought my cute little chocolates were small and sweet (heh heh) - but I may have cheated a little by using them with the little 3x3 cards! Not as much of a challenge to use a small stamp on a small card! Oh well. So I also reverted back to Monday's "warm up card" challenge as well. :-) Those little love notes are just too darn fun to play with! Let's see... the cards are all pretty self-explanatory. The one detail I don't think you can see well in the photo is that I put some crystal effects on the chocolate on the strawberry, which I thought made it look a little more like a big, juicy, freshly dipped strawberry! (YUMMMMMMMM!)

I'm dedicating these cards to my friend Lina who, as I mentioned in my very first post on this blog, has started her own chocolate business, Lina's Cocoa Couture. I think it's so great that Lina is following her passion and going for it! And just like most of you reading this blog love to be creative with your papercrafts, Lina is so creative with her chocolates - each one is a little work of art! And she makes the yummiest chocolates around - so I can't spend the evening looking at chocolate stamps without thinking of her! She's featured in the May/June 2007 issue of Texas Home & Living - yeah Lina!! And she also has her own website.

Ok, now I'm trying to decide... post this and go to bed like a reasonable person, or post this and go watch Grey's Anatomy & CSI, which are waiting for me on the tivo... Hmm... I think I can wait to learn who the miniature killer is, but I don't think I can wait to find out if McDreamy dumps Meredith or if Cristina actually goes through with the wedding or if George really leaves for the other hospital (I hear he's leaving the show...). Ok, tivo it is! Goodnight!

(I'm feeling too lazy to put the recipes for all of these, there's nothing very unusual or unique, but if you are dying to know what something is, just ask!)

3 comments:

  1. Mmm! They look so yummy! I've always regretted not getting this set. I don't blame you for keeping it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this set and the chocolate chips wheel just before they retired and I'm not sorry. You make me want to play with them again. I'm all for playing with retired sets--whatever strikes my fancy! I've never done anything quite this cute with them, though. These are all darling! Very cute and clever designs! I'm going to go visit your friend's website now! Thanks! ps: I'm still very much enjoying all your posts. I totally love reading everything you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cute cards are so yummy looking! I love all of the special touches you've given each one!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover