Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One more invitation - but no stamping! (*gasp!*)

Here's the final installment in my string of mass produced invitation efforts of late! Thankfully I think I'm done mass producing, until I need to make my baby announcements (which actually is SOON!). I'm not sure how I feel about this particular invitation. The mom wanted a firetruck theme. I didn't have any firetruck stamps. I looked around a little bit locally (I didn't have time for an online order in this case!) but didn't find anything. Then last Friday, I was sitting at Archivers trying to get motivated to do some scrapbooking, and noticed up on the wall that one of their die cuts for their Ellison machine was this cute little firetruck! Could I possibly make a card with a DIE CUT and not a stamped image??? Would it be too simple and boring, too circa 1999 in the crafting world? ;-) But I played with it a bit, dressed it up, and this is what I got. It's a little cuter IRL. But yes, WAY simple!! I cut out the firetrucks in both red & white, and also the row of tires in black, and then cut down the white & black and paper pieced them onto the red firetruck. I made gray centers for the tires with an SU punch, then added some shine to the tires with diamond glaze. I had a LOT of trouble with little bubbles in the diamond glaze!! Sadly it wasn't until after I had finished that step that I saw this helpful post on Corie's blog! I'll have to try her tip next time! I dressed up the siren and headlight with some copper stickles. The part I like best about this little firetruck was inspired by this ADORABLE card on Mary Jo Albright's blog - using acetate to create a little rolled-down window! I only recently found Mary Jo's blog, where have I been!??! Her creations are without fail stunning, add her to your Reader if you haven't already! This invitation originally had a cute patterned paper behind the blue panel, but the mom asked me to change it to black. Her husband is coming to pick them up shortly - I sure hope they like them!! Thanks for stopping by today!

  • Stamps: NONE!
  • Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Going Gray, Brilliant Blue
  • Ink: NONE!
  • Accessories: SU circle punch, Diamond Glaze, Copper Stickles, Acetate (aka transparency sheet), black brads, computer, printer & "Kindergarten" font downloaded from internet, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Libby, this turned out very cute, I LOVE the acetate window! I liked the patterned paper too, but the customer is always right! I know they'll love them. Congrats on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, and your special touches make it awesome! Super job, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs stamping when it's this gosh darn cute? I love the idea of the acetate window! I'm going to go check out the links you provided. I need some help with those bubbles, too.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover