Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Merry Texmas!

Here's my Texas snowglobe card that I promised (threatened?) I'd post yesterday! Isn't it funny?? I found a wonderful little stamp company at a craft show this past weekend. They make all sorts of fun Texas-themed stamps, and they are based right up the road in Round Rock. The company is called Texana Designs, and the owner Jimmye Sue is super nice! She said if I wanted anything else, to give her a call and she'd meet me somewhere, to avoid shipping charges! I'm sure I'll have to take her up on that eventually, because they had a few stamps that I really love but resisted for now (including a bluebonnet, it was tough!!). I did get one other super cute stamp though, and it's NOT Texas-themed, but you'll have to wait and see that one later, hopefully this weekend. :-) For today's card I played along with Julee's Mojo Monday sketch challenge (MOJO61), more or less - I didn't add the sentiment at the bottom since the main image already included the sentiment. And I didn't add the brads at the top of the image, or the ribbon... hmm, ok I guess I hardly followed her sketch at all! LOL I also just realized, I meant to add some StarDust Stickles to the little snowflakes in the snowglobe!! I'll have to do that now, and if it looks good (or shows up in the photo!) I'll change it out on this post later! And a detail you can't really see in this photo (I also meant to do a side shot, geesh, my brain isn't working tonight!!) is that I cut out and popped up the center cactus and the little Merry Texmas plate. I like my card much better IRL - sigh - I just can't take decent photographs in my dark little dungeon of a stamp closet!! I need a bigger Ott-lite, I've decided. Santa, are you listening??? :-) Ok, thanks for stopping by today, I'm off to bed.
  • Stamps: Texana Designs
  • Paper: Garden Green, white, AMuse DP, Provo Craft Holiday Slab V DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers for coloring
  • Accessories: SU scallop edge punch, hemp twine, paper piercer

8 comments:

  1. Oh my I just love it!!!! TOOOOOOO cute!!! well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I like it a lot. Very Texas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, non-traditional holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stamp to add to my very long wish list. Libby, do you think you could send me a stamped image of the stamp? My brother lives in Texas and I would love to make his Christmas card with this image.
    Have a great day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is SO FABULOUS -- Love that little cactus -- perfect for a card from Texas!! Great job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! A cactus in a snow globe-tee hee! Love the sketch and your little stitches. Really a cute card! Have you tried those fluorescent spiral daylight bulbs? Definitely a cheap alternative to Ott lights. I use one in a lamp to supplement my Ott light for photos. Let it warm up a few minutes to full brightness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! Love those stitches on the side!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover