Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cinema Saturday - All About Eve

I am so thrilled to be a guest designer for the 51st weekly Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge! You've heard me say it many times before, this is my favorite challenge in all of Blogland!! It's so much fun! Every week Brooke & Sankari pick a movie - on Friday they show sneak peeks of the film and we all makes guesses about what it might be. And on Saturday they do the big reveal and share their BEAUTIFUL creations based on the featured film, and challenge us to do the same. This week the film is "All About Eve", an Oscar winner from 1950 about an aging Broadway star played by Bette Davis, and the aspiring actress eager to take her place, played by Anne Baxter. There's even a small part in the film by Marilyn Monroe. I'm not really into the classics too much, but I really love this film. The dialogue is truly fantastic - especially the classic line by Bette Davis "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night." It's just classic Hollywood, right down to the cheesey dramatic music in the background! LOL! The movie is a perfect match with the latest FireCracker Designs by Pamela sets "Theater Lights" and "Leading Ladies". So much so, Pamela is sponsoring this week's challenge! So make sure to play along this week! I used my "Theater Lights" set for my card - just drawing from the general theme of Broadway & leading ladies. The requirement this week is to add some Broadway BLING to the card, which I did with the wave of rhinestones near the bottom, as well as some Star Dust gel pen shimmer to the roses, shoe straps and faces on the masks (which you can't really see in the photo!). Have I mentioned before how much I adore this theater set? LOL! I also adore winning an Audrey Award on my favorite challenge blog for my "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" card a couple weeks ago - how exciting is that??! Ok, head on over to the challenge blog now and check it out - I hope you'll play along! And also pop on over to Pamela's blog and see what she created for this movie! Thanks for stopping by.
  • Stamps: Theater Lights from FireCracker Designs by Pamela
  • Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, white, A Muse DP
  • Ink: Black StazOn, Rose Red, Always Artichoke
  • Accessories: Aquapainter, circle punch, masking tape (masked off the stem of the rose), SU Scalloped Edge punch, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug, black organdy ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Great card Libby, congrats on the Audrey and being guest dt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby this is a beautiful card! I love the pink/black combo and the row of rhinestones sure does fancy it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being the guest designer- and your card is fabulous! I love old movies- do not know this one-well, maybe if I watched it I would remember...... I love your color combination, your layout, and the bling is awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover