Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Dragon for Noah

A few weeks ago Carter was invited to a birthday party for Noah, one of his buddies from preschool. The party theme was dragons, so of course I had to dig out this Elzybells cutie to make the card! It's one of the UK images, so it's ginormous. And oh so much fun to color!! I followed my usual blueprint on this card:
a) Color image with Copics
b) Go nutty with polkadot paper & swiss dots
c) Apply some sort of bling (here, Stickles!)
d) Add stitching with my Janome Sew Mini
Surely you are all tired of my cards by now, they rarely stray from this standard set of guidelines! Well ok, I suppose this one doesn't have any scallops! Woohoo, I totally busted out of my box! hee hee

The party was so cute - Noah's mommy Jenn is one of those overachiever types that throws amazing parties with every detail just perfect! (I'm calling her names because I'm obviously just jealous!) (BTW she has a digital scrapbooking blog too, check it out!) When we arrived, Carter was given a t-shirt with a dragon on it (Jenn had ironed the image on...!) and a little cape-like set of wings (which Jenn had SEWN! FOR EACH KID!!) Here's Carter assembling the craft project, an ADORABLE dragon made out of a spoon.Could the cake be any cuter??As Carter would confirm, the cake was just as YUMMY as it was cute!Of course now I can't invite Noah to Carter's next birthday party, because it will be completely LAME in comparison, hee hee. :-)

Hooray for dragon parties!! Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

  1. Too cute!!!! I love that card and all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Libby! These images make the greatest little boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card- brings back memories! My son used to love dino's....I do not think I ever made him a cake quite that cool though...made a horse cake one year, but no dino- I nominate you fot Mom of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey wat a CUTE card! And I agree about the cuteness of the dragon too! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute, and I love the photos as well!! Carter looks very focused!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, the card esp. But the cake and kiddo too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover