Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happiness is...

Do you ever watch something online and feel so inspired by it that you have to immediately sit at your desk and create? That's how I felt yesterday after watching Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday video. It made me dig out my art journal and play!


I used lots of Claudine Hellmuth Studio products on this. I began by coating the pages with gesso. Then I attached some pieces of tissue paper with multi-medium. The wood veneer bike and chipboard hearts were also added with multi-medium, I added old letter stickers to the top (they were actually green glitter stickers from the dollar bin!) and then coated the entire page with more gesso. I used Claudine's paints with a little extra time mixed in to paint the pages - I'd add a bit of color then wipe it back off with my cloth. I love the muted look that gives!

This wood veneer bicycle was something Lisa gave me a while back - I finally used it! I painted it & coated it with Star Dust Stickles just for fun. I sorta have a thing for bling on my journal pages!


The "happy thoughts" is a Hero Arts stamp from the woodblock set of the same name - Happy Thoughts! I randomly stamped it with Dusty Concord distress ink & heat set it. You can see the texture from the tissue paper in this photo, too.


I love this Tweed Pattern stencil from Hero Arts - it's a fun detail in the background of the page.


I still have a lot to learn about mixed media techniques but it sure is fun to just go for it and play!

Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

  1. I am loving all the fab colours on your page Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page and your colors made me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Libby this is inspirational :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched the video, Libby, and now, like you, want to immediately create...but I won't be home until tomorrow, so I have to wait. I love applying the color, the wiping it away...then adding another and wiping away. Some of the coolest colors randomly appear and that makes me so happy. Love your journal spread here! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover