Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Case me a Christmas Card!


Hi everyone! I'm honored to be here sharing a card for Michelle Lupton's "Case me a Christmas Card" series! This fall, Michelle is CASE'ing cards from various artists, and in turn that artist CASE-es one of Michelle's. From Michelle: "CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything - but it's not about just copying a card. It's about getting inspiration from cardmaking friends, but making a new card that is our own. And, of course, the card we each make has to be a Christmas card!"

I was inspired by this sweet card from Michelle, which I found in her awesome Instagram feed, and which she originally shared on the A Blog Named Hero Facebook page. Michelle makes and shares so many amazing creations. How I managed to use one that wasn't actually on her blog, well - I'm a dope, that's all I can say. :)

I love how Michelle is so good at clean & simple designs. I'm... not. But, I gave it a whirl!


The biggest inspiration from Michelle's card was the ink blended background square. I die cut a square from masking paper, then ink blended on some Splash Reactive Ink. I considered making my card a true one layer card, with masking of the main image, but in the end that was just too much work. LOL! Plus, I do like some dimension on my cards. So, I stamped, die cut and colored the images from Hero Arts Stocking Bouquet separately, then arranged them with a combination of Precision Glue and foam tape. I added just a bit of Stardust Stickles in the flower centers.


So, my card is not quite the one layer, clean and simple masterpiece that Michelle did on her card, but I love how it turned out nonetheless.

Now head on over and see what Michelle created, inspired by one of my cards! And Michelle, thanks so much for having me today!

Click on products to shop:
DI713 Square Infinity Dies (H) - Hero...
[ HA ]
CM465 Stocking Bouquet - Hero Arts
[ HA ]
DI798 Stocking Bouquet Frame Cuts (D)...
[ HA ]
GW101 Precision Glue - Hero Arts
[ HA ]
AF428 Splash Reactive Ink - Hero Arts
[ HA ]
AF345 Intense Black - Hero Arts
[ HA ]
AF343 Moss Bold Ink - Hero Arts
[ HA ]

3 comments:

  1. I love this - the popped up layers look gorgeous! Thanks so much for being my guest ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Libby, love the blended card and those wonderful stocking fillers, beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous concept Libby! I love your card, and also how Michelle CASE'd yours
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover