Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, May 7, 2007

Country roses

This is my little test to see if my mom reads my blog...! I probably shouldn't be posting this yet, it's her Mother's Day card. But I just love how it turned out and couldn't wait until next Monday to post! My mom is very country, so I was trying to reflect that in this card. I know everyone has seen about a zillion Roses in Winter cards, but this is actually my very first time playing with this set! I borrowed it from a fellow demo, to see if I have to buy it before it's retired. I really like it, but the jury is still out. So here are some creative details... there is so much more going on with this card than you really can tell from the photo! First of all, the roses are showing up way too vibrant - they aren't quite that bright in real life (I need to start using IRL instead of "in real life", I'm just not hip enough to the computer lingo for it to come naturally yet...!) (I'm still stuck in the early-90's world of sideways smilies!! :-) :-) :-)). The roses are stamped in Regal Rose, with a little Rose Red marker added along the edges on the stamp here and there. The leaves & card base are Mellow Moss, and there is a little So Saffron in the little stamped flowers and also the thin cardstock layer. I used my handy-dandy color coach for the Mellow Moss, Regal Rose and So Saffron combo - it also told me that Brocade Blue is a coordinating color, so I added a little of it with some Itty Bitty Background splotches, and also a tiny bit of blue marker along the edges of the paper before distressing. The edges of the rose block are also sponged with moss. If you think I suddenly got brave enough to use my sewing machine, you are sadly mistaken! The stitching is some super cool Studio K rub-on stitching I picked up at Archivers yesterday. I used my paper piercer to add little holes to the stitching, as if a needle had actually gone through the paper (well, in fact, a needle did - that's what I used to poke the holes! heh heh!) I used the Canvas background on the card base, and added some Michael's polka dot ribbon and some SU gingham. Oh and one other little detail - I used my clear Glaze pen to accent the roses, which you absolutely cannot tell from looking at the photo! Mom if you're looking, hope you like your card! :-)

Awesome stamper alert: Bad Sherry looked at *my* little blog!! Eeek!! She left a comment on my messy desk post. Ugh, of all the things for her to see...! By the way, she inspired me to want to borrow Roses in Winter when I saw her beautiful rose card. Totally love her blog, check it everyday - her cards are beautiful, and she is sooo funny & seems like she would be so much fun to know in real life! Er, I mean IRL!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your RIW card! I think this set is a must have. SU! will have to go pretty far to top this one. Beautiful details in this. I know it's hard to capture it all in a photo. Love those faux stitches and the ribbon. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! Did you hear from your Mom yet? Did she check it out!
    Love your Mother's Day card!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover