Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to...

... me! Yup, it's my birthday. And even though I *really* should have used today's nap time to get some housework done, instead I decided to allow myself a little rubbertime! And now my son is waking up, but I'm going to ignore him for a couple minutes and get this posted, because hey, it's my birthday, and it won't kill him! :-)

Remember this post? I professed my love of orchids, and wished that I had an orchid stamp. Well I found one!!! It's from A Stamp in the Hand. Yeah!! I got it back in July, but today's the first time I've broken it in. I need to play with it some more, I'm a bit rusty on coloring directly on the stamp, so it didn't turn out exactly as I envisioned. But it was so fun to actually stamp with it, I've waited too long!! I also used my new Thoughtful Phrases from Verve Visual for the sentiment. I'm so excited that Julee has started her own stamp company, I know there's going to be some AWESOME stuff coming our way from her!! The patterned paper is from my Basic Grey Infuse pad that I ordered from Flourishes. And most importantly - I used Dina's sketch challenge for the design!! It was a fun sketch to play with, you should check it out. (although now that I think of it, maybe you shouldn't, it will decrease my chances of winning her contest!) (KIDDING!!!) :-)

Ok Carter is not happy with me now, I better go... Happy Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Libby!! Hope you had a great day - sure made a pretty card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday again sister! I think the card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Libby! This is gorgeous, and I'm so glad you found your perfect stamp!!

    Happy birthday too...even though I know I'm late. :( My computer puked the night before last, and I spent hours re-loading WinXP and trouble-shooting. I finally found the driver for my Ethernet, and I got online and came over here. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card. Happy, happy, happy, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Libby! I gotta get one of those orchid stamps;) Very nice card. Hope you have a great birthday!
    Ali A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely, you really let the image speak for itself! I'm so glad that you finally found your orchid stamp, I've actually kept my eyes open for one but have not seen any(big hole in the stamping world!!!lol) The colors go really nicely together and I really like the way you inked the stamp. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated)by the way. If your like me your still 25(I've decided to never get older).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Libby! Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Libby! I took a good, close look at your card and I think your coloring is beautiful! What a lovely and delicate stamp image! I really like this sketch, too, and the Infuse paper you selected is a perfect companion to your orchid stamp. Happy, happy birthday -- even though I'm a little late. I hope Carter let you have a good day. He's such a sweet, funny and delightful boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! I'm so glad you found a nice orchid image. I love orchids too - but I live where they grow. ;) Happy birthday...and thanks for doing the layout challenge! We'll do it again soon!

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy VERY Belated Birthday!! Hope you got some cake!! Keri

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover