Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm a Top Chef Designer!!

So did any of you notice the new little block over on my sidebar? My sweet, talented, and all-around wonderful friend Linda asked me to join her Catered Crop Recipe Challenge design team!! YAY! And best of all - I get to call myself a Top Chef! Do any of you watch Top Chef on Bravo? It's one of the few shows I cannot miss. I'm loving the all-stars this season, although I was sad to see the man I love to hate get booted last week. (I have no doubt I am in the minority on that one!) :-) When Linda announced her new team, she said we were the "Tom Colicchios and Paula Deans of the paper craft world". Oh she has no idea how that made me beam with pride! :-) The other ladies on the team are MEGA TALENTED. I'm not at all sure I can hang with them. But I shall do my best. And on that note, here's my card for this week's challenge!


Linda's challenge is a recipe challenge - for each new challenge she picks one of the entries from the previous week to use as inspiration. The card this time was an absolutely ADORABLE creation from Jeanie Witmer, who's has also now become a Top Chef Designer. Oh my goodness do I love this woman's stamping!! Here are the things from her recipe that inspired me:

- Polka dots (Go figure. I'm a polkadotcrazyfanatic!) Also a flowery background paper.
- Stitching. I watched her fabby tutorial and broke my habit of almost always doing a zigzag stitch and did straight stitching instead this time, even though zigzag is FAR MORE FORGIVING of my crooked tendencies. :-)
- I also tried sponging with chalk inks and watched another great tutorial from Jeanie. It's pretty subtle on this card, but I really love what it added. AND I love that I actually USED my chalk inks that usually just sit in a drawer, unloved.
- Paper piecing.
- I also borrowed quite a bit from the layout of Jeanie's card.

I used my What's Cookin'? set from Taylored Expressions for my card. Do you like how I kept the recipe/Top Chef theme going? hee hee I won this awesome set from playing along with a TE blog hop. Thanks Taylor!! And also, do you like how I put the butter up in that circle? It's like it's floating on high, and angels are singing the praises of butter...! Oh, and the sentiment - OMG it CRACKS ME UP!! The entire reason I picked this set.

The way Linda does her challenge - a new challenge goes up every other Sunday (yesterday!). On the following Thursday (this week!) she will post the DT cards for inspiration (me! yay!) and then the challenge closes the following Thursday, in this case February 3. So there's still a TON of time to play along, and I really hope you will! Linda truly is one of the sweetest ladies I know and I would LOVE IT if you'd support her and her fun challenge! Oh yah, and there's a prize too. :-) (The Stamping Boutique!! The images are GORGEOUS!)

Happy Stamping!


  • Stamps: What's Cookin'? from Taylored Expressions
  • Paper: SU Real Red & Vanilla, October Afternoon DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic marker (on butter)
  • Accessories: Spellbinders dies, black embroidery floss, machine stitching

16 comments:

  1. This is darling, Libby... and perfect for the challenge. What a great job. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe...the sentiment made me smile :)
    your card is so cute,Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Polka Dot Top Chef! Great creation and a perfect stamp set for you! Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Congrats on being Top Chef!!!! DArling card Libby...LOVE these colours so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Libby! You're a busy gal! Play Date Cafe, too! Love this with all those fabulous polka dots. Really a cute set with the sentiment, and an extra-cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on top chef! It's perfect for you! And what a sweet card, love the butter! It's up high so she can't reach it so she still fits in her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is my fav color combo! what an awesome card! congrats on the DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too yummy, Libby! Love everything about it, but the dots and the colors really caught my eye! And congratulaions on your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - Love, love your cooking card. So perfect in so many ways. And, thanks for such sweet, sweet comments. You're giving me a big head. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card, love the patterned papers of it. Congratulations on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you girl!! SUPER cute card!!

    On another note, I just read your header, and saw the part about sniffing Stazon....I love the way that stuff smells. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card! The sentiment is really cute. Good job with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a super cute card, Libby! I love the papers you used! And I could see no 'crooked tendencies' in your stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card Libby. Congrats on being a Top Chef!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Libby! I mean, Top Chef Libby! From your friend "Jessica" ;)

    (just joking! I hope you get the joke)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big congratulations, Libby! I love your beautiful and fun card! Great design and perfect stitching too!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover