Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Project 365-ish: Week 3

It's been another interesting week for the Hickson clan! I'm going to start off showing a couple things Carter and I did last Saturday. First, we put together a birdhouse! I held the nails as Carter pounded them in - can you believe he didn't hit my fingers at all? And can you believe I even took the chance? LOL! Here's Carter working hard at painting the finished birdhouse...


Carter and I also did a little "mad science" kit we picked up at the Children's Museum. We made a bouncy ball! Carter got to pour the different color bits into a round mold, which we then placed in water. My silly boy doesn't pose nice for the camera all the time...


And here's another silly face with the finished ball!


We had hoped to go see Tangled on Saturday but the timing didn't work out. To help appease two disappointed kids, I decided we could have a "princess picnic dinner" at the coffee table while watching Cinderella. This went over REALLY well. :-)


Although everyone seemed happy on Saturday, it all took a turn for the worse Saturday night. The kids both had fevers and complained of sore throats and tummy aches, so I decided to take them to the after hours clinic on Sunday for strep tests. The poor sweeties zonked out almost as soon as the car started moving...


This is what their ragged mom looks like after a sleepless night with sick kids. Ravishing, isn't she? Ack! (I have no idea why I'm showing you this, LOL!)


Whatever they had, it wasn't strep and after another sick day on Monday they were feeling better. Well, sort of. Courtney was still a grumpypants, no doubt partially because she wasn't feeling 100% and also because she was missing her Daddy, who was on a business trip to Korea. Here she was throwing a MAJOR tantrum on the floor - a big part of our week. Sorry for the rotten photo, I took it with my phone.


Eventually everyone was feeling well enough to finally go see Tangled. The kids loved it, and even dressed up for the occasion...


Carter's favorite show these days is the old 1960s Batman series. He also loves acting out the fight scenes, beating up the pillows. In his undies. :-)


The kids were so happy when Daddy got home from Korea!


Last night Daddy took Carter to his first professional (minor league) hockey game! His favorite part was when they scored (go figure!).


And Mommy enjoyed a pretty Texas sunset.


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. oh Libby this is just precious...you will be so glad you are doing this. I laughed at lil Courtney throwing a fit and Carter as a Batman undie man! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the BEST post ever! I love how you took photos of everything! And I love that you shared your pic!! I hope you got some rest and relaxing time this weekend! And I hope everyone is felling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..I adore this post..and totally agree..if you are going to throw a tantrum do it in a tutu!! OK..it's official..I want both those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby you live a busy life! It makes me tired just reading! I should try this for a week and see what my life is like! :> Well in the spring when it's not as cold! :> Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Your photo of you when the kids were sick shows how hard it can be to be a mom sometimes, it also shows how hard it is on you when your kids are sick. And I love that ball thing must get one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH...my 3 year old and husband have been sick all week! That's worse than having both the kids sick at once. Men are such babies!!!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Libby what a week of ups and downs. You got so many priceless photos of the kids and it's great to see the fun things they got up to! Hope you got a bit of a rest when hubby came home.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover