Linda's challenge is a recipe challenge - for each new challenge she picks one of the entries from the previous week to use as inspiration. The card this time was an absolutely ADORABLE creation from Jeanie Witmer, who's has also now become a Top Chef Designer. Oh my goodness do I love this woman's stamping!! Here are the things from her recipe that inspired me:
- Polka dots (Go figure. I'm a polkadotcrazyfanatic!) Also a flowery background paper.
- Stitching. I watched her fabby tutorial and broke my habit of almost always doing a zigzag stitch and did straight stitching instead this time, even though zigzag is FAR MORE FORGIVING of my crooked tendencies. :-)
- I also tried sponging with chalk inks and watched another great tutorial from Jeanie. It's pretty subtle on this card, but I really love what it added. AND I love that I actually USED my chalk inks that usually just sit in a drawer, unloved.
- Paper piecing.
- I also borrowed quite a bit from the layout of Jeanie's card.
I used my What's Cookin'? set from Taylored Expressions for my card. Do you like how I kept the recipe/Top Chef theme going? hee hee I won this awesome set from playing along with a TE blog hop. Thanks Taylor!! And also, do you like how I put the butter up in that circle? It's like it's floating on high, and angels are singing the praises of butter...! Oh, and the sentiment - OMG it CRACKS ME UP!! The entire reason I picked this set.
The way Linda does her challenge - a new challenge goes up every other Sunday (yesterday!). On the following Thursday (this week!) she will post the DT cards for inspiration (me! yay!) and then the challenge closes the following Thursday, in this case February 3. So there's still a TON of time to play along, and I really hope you will! Linda truly is one of the sweetest ladies I know and I would LOVE IT if you'd support her and her fun challenge! Oh yah, and there's a prize too. :-) (The Stamping Boutique!! The images are GORGEOUS!)
- Stamps: What's Cookin'? from Taylored Expressions
- Paper: SU Real Red & Vanilla, October Afternoon DP
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic marker (on butter)
- Accessories: Spellbinders dies, black embroidery floss, machine stitching