I decided to use images from Stampotique Originals for my card, because, well, I loooove them, and guess what! They are our challenge sponsor this week!! The winner will not only be featured next time, they'll also receive a $30 gift certificate to Stampotique Originals! I adore this company, they have sooo many wonderful stamps, in so many different styles - there's truly something for everyone. I happen to adore their slightly freaky Daniel Torrente & Jill Penney stuff the most! This girl is called Moth Fab. LOL! She *is* fab! And the greeting from Carol's Collection just plain cracks me up. :-)
Now how about some deets on exactly HOW I followed the recipe, yes?
The elements I borrowed from Denise's card were:
- The red, pink & white color scheme, although I went a little wacky and added turquoise!
- The "geometric" patterned paper, I chose polka dots (I know you are all STUNNED by this decision!).
- Color mediums - Copic markers & black ink.
- Techniques - I used sponging on the message and also around the main image.
- Shapes - There's a heart in the image that I highlighted with Stickles, and I also went with the swirls like Denise. There was already a swirl pattern going on in the image, in both her dress and hair. I took it a step further and embossed directly over the entire image panel, which isn't something I ever do but I rather like how it turned out here!
All of the design team samples will be on the Catered Crop blog this Thursday, and you have until next Thursday February 17 at 8:00 CST to play along. I hope you'll join us, it's really a fun, easy and inspiring challenge to participate in! And this week the prize is AWESOME! :-)
- Stamps: 6048 Moth Fab and 8968 Well, la de frickin' dah! from Stampotique Originals
- Paper: SU Pink Pirouette & Tempting Turquoise, Memory Box DP, GP white
- Ink: Copic markers
- Accessories: Tim Holtz Swirls embossing folder, Christmas Red Stickles, SU Scallop Edge punch, machine stitching, pink button (MFT), decorative pin (Making Memories), embroidery floss