Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, April 1, 2011

Go Ahead, Laugh At Us! blog hop

Hi there!! Welcome to the "Go Ahead, Laught At Us!" Hambo Stamps blog hop!! If you know Hambo Stamps, you know they like funny - so it's only fitting they choose April Fools Day for the Bacon Bits to gather together for our very first blog hop!! If you've been hopping along, you should have found me by way of my friend Joy's blog. Otherwise, make sure at head back to the Hambo blog, Talk to the Ham, so you don't miss out on any of the fun!

A little surprise is hiding on one of the blogs today, so be sure to leave some comment love as you “hoof it” around the hop. One lucky commenter on the mystery hop spot will be in hog heaven and win a $15 gift certificate to Hambo Stamps!

And now onto my card - we're here to make you LAUGH OUT LOUD during this hop, so I chose one of my very favorite Hambo Fractured Funnies. Which, let me tell you, was no easy task since I love them all!!


Awwww. Isn't that sweet? And now the inside of the card... wait for it...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Yup. Totally awesome. This Fractured Funny is called Favorite Child and it makes me giggle big time. I paired it with their adorable Flower Pot Girl, which I've always claimed is actually ME - even though there's absolutely no truth to that statement. But I see the resemblance... even if nobody else does... hee hee! Oh and that fabby ribbon that I used - it's also available on the Hambo site. Yup, Hambo sells ribbon too!! Lots of yummy, wonderful May Arts ribbon. The one I used is 3/8" Sheer Pinstripe in Dark Red. Love it so much!

And now some GOOD NEWS - I am giving away this Favorite Child set to one lucky commenter right here on my blog!! They are red rubber, mounted on cling cushion. You will love it. :-) So leave me some comment love!! And guess what - hop through to all the blogs because not only do you get a chance for the $15 Hambo prize, you can also win something fabby on each and every blog!! And we're a small team so just do it - it won't take you very long. :-)

The wonderful and talented Judy is your next stop on the piggie tour, so oink on over to her blog.
But before you do, I just have to show you some piggie cuteness... :-)

I sorta want a piglet now. Just sayin'.

We love comments anytime, but the deadline for prize entries is Tuesday, April 5.

Thanks for stopping by!


  • Stamps: Favorite Child - 0804 and Flower Pot Girl - 2715 from Hambo Stamps
  • Paper: SU cardstock, Memory Box DP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
  • Accessories: Hambo Item #WS14 May Arts 3/8" Sheer Pinstripe Ribbon - Dark Red, Spellbinders die, machine stitching

44 comments:

  1. Love your cute charming card and the knotted ribbon is a great design element! Funny video too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS funny! Great card Libby. Funnies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Libby. I love the sentiment and the three ribbons at the bottom. Nice design!
    Haha... and that piglet video is just too funny! How adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of when my mom would go to talk/yell at us and she would start at the top of the birth order list and work her way down til she got the right kid-bah ha ha.
    Love the stamp! Great card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you added the ribbons. Beautiful Card !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a funny card! I know my Mom would love it! That video is AWESOME too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun card! I love that sentiment too! Love the cheery yellow! And cute oinkness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Libby, this is SO our family dynamic! This would really crack my mother up so will be casing it for her sometime soon. Thanks for the laugh and sharing your creativity with us!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card hit home. I used to say the first part to my mom - about being her favorite kid - weren't we all. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, that video is hilarious and makes me want a little pig. Too bad they have to grow up! I LOVE your card, and especially how you used the ribbons on the front! It kills me that you can wait until the last minute and STILL knock it out of the park! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful sentiment!!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a cute card - I'm laughing cause it's so true in our household too! She's darling! Your work is just super artistic too - did you know that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Clever the way you used the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, my Mom would get a kick out of this card, I'm the youngest of 4 kids, too funny. You had me laughing out loud with the little piglet video.... too cute

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sentiments! Great idea with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! This card would be perfect for my mother, and it could come from any of her kids :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute video, but I must say... your card totally cracked me up. How my mother would have loved that one! Too funny for sure! Thanks for the smiles, and a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! I love the sentiment you used!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the first time visiting your site. A friend suggested that I read the Mother's day card. What great stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! Funny!
    An old boyfriend of mine was helping out at a pig farm and came accross a piglet that, he said, reminded him of me...ornery. So, he named it after me! LOL! I'm sure it's because it was sooo cute...ornery! Whateva! :)
    Great fun card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Baby anything is just adorable! And that sentiment is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That saying is to die for.. If I can't win, I may just have to buy it once I'm through all this chemo.
    TFS,
    Barb S (FL)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your card and love the piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Too cute. Your colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute! I really like what you did with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, how I wish I had that stamp when my mother was alive....that is hysterical!!!! Great design on the card, too..love the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great card!! Love the ribbon!! And that sentiment is hysterical!!As is the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness, Libby. I've been in a funk all week, and this (and a little chocolate) finally brought me out of it. I laughed out loud! Hilarious. Loved the whole hop.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card. I like the stitching, but the piglet video had me in stitches for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hysterical sentiment! And, yes, I see the resemblance between you and the flower girl on your card - why not?! :-)

    http://allisonscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic card, love love love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have always wanted to use that set, but it loses a bit in my family since I only have one brother...lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the way you knotted the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is truly hilarious!! A stamp on the wishlist for sure! Great job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  35. adorable card, and the sentiment is a hoot!
    linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, that is hilarious! My brother and I used to jockey for 'favorite child'. Now that there are five grands, we know we're not even in the running. My mom would get a big kick out of this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is hilarious - my mom would love it!

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi! Your card is just adorable and too funny!! Your blog is funny, too; I enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG, that is funny! Love it! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful card. Not sure I dig the ribbon, but love the flower girl you chose and the fractured funny is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lol! That's really cute. Card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ah Libby, this made me cry and made me sad at the same time. My sister and I always teased mum about who her favorite was. When I called her I would say "Hi Mum, it's your favourite daughter" and she would say "Hi Jean" Bwhahaha... I miss her giggles.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover