Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tour de Craft Guest Designer - Emily Leiphart!

I'm thrilled to have another bike lover/crafter/all-around awesome chickadee joining me on the blog today!! I instantly fell in love with Emily Leiphart's cardmaking from the first time I saw her share a bicycle card over in the Hero Arts Flickr Group. And then she told me about her personal connection to cycling. I think she told me she's even met Thor Hushovd! Eek! So of course I had to invite her to join me here on the blog! Here's what Emily has to say:

When Libby invited me to guest on her blog this month as part of her "Tour de Craft" festivities celebrating the 100th Tour de France, I instantly said yes. As you all know, I am a bike freak. If there's a bike stamp to be had, I will have it. Well, most likely. For example, I own, or have owned, just about every bike stamp that Hero Arts has made. My husband has designed bikes for Cervelo, 3TDiamondback and Pivot. We were at the Amgen Tour of California in 2005 and the Giro di Lombardia in 2007. Our son even got his first bike at 22 months. To say the least, we love bikes!


The idea for this first card came from all my friends and family who participate in triathlons or ride long distances for fun. All stamps and dies are from Paper Smooches except for the Roma Background which is from Hero Arts.

For my second feature, I made a gift card set using a stamp set that I just acquired. It's called Enjoy the Ride by Amuse Studio. I love that it has a retro glider and a classic road bike in the same set along with a ton of fabulous sentiments that work for all occasions and age groups.



Thanks so much for joining me, Emily! Be sure to stop by Emily's blog and say hello: Art from the Heart

Join me back here tomorrow - I have another card to share and it's time trial day near the incredible Mont Saint-Michel!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful cards - the bikes really take the limelight !!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover