Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Friday, July 26, 2013

One Last Tour de France Card + WINNERS!

The Tour de France ended last Sunday as the cyclists rode into Paris and raced along the Champs Elysees, followed by a light show spectacle on the Arc de Triomphe. It was really fab. I meant to post this card on Monday, but wow, this week got away from me! Figures - I blog for three weeks straight, something I haven't done in AGES, and then when the bike riding ends, my mojo gets left there on the Champs! But even though the TdF is no more than a happy memory now, I'm sharing one last TdF-inspired card anyway!


During the final winner presentation on Sunday, the yellow jersey worn by champion Chris Froome had sequins in it!! I kid you not. They finished the race at night, which is very unusual and special. They wanted a glittery jersey to look beautiful under the lights, being the 100th Tour de France and all. Well you all know how I feel about glitter - I was inspired by Froome's slightly glittery jersey to make an all-out glittery sequined jersey card! I cut the jersey shapes as well as the Eiffel Tower on my Silhouette. The "merci" is from MFT, and that adorable bicycle brad is from Eyelet Outlet. Love!

Here's a little video summary of the final stage - you can see Froome's glittery jersey (it's subtle) and the light show on the Arc de Triomphe in the background, both of which inspired this card.


I also have TWO WINNERS to announce!! Apologies for being so late! The winner of the MFT Pure Innocence set is Sue from Oregon and the winner of the Hero Arts set is MaxineD! Please send me an email to stampinlibby@gmail.com and I'll get these out to you!

Thanks for hanging out with me this month and humoring me through my bicycle obsession. It's been fun!

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your sparkling jerseys - wonderful card Libby!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sequined jerseys and that little bike peeking out from the Eiffel Tower. What a cute card!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to both Sue and Maxine! And, thanks to Libby for creating her own "winners' circle" for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Libby-dang I almost missed this! Very cool that I won this! Do you still need my address or do you have it?

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover